Sunday, February 19, 2012

Who's Who in the Sound of Music: Liesl & Rolf




 
Name: Daniela DiBenedetto (Pictured Far Right)
Year in School: Senior
Major(and minor): BM Music Industry: Business Administration and BM Vocal Performance

What character are you playing?
Liesl von Trapp

What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music?
I have loved this story and watched/acted out the movie since I was a little girl. I love having the opportunity to now bring it to life.  I really enjoy working with the children, especially being one of them, and just having fun.

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?
What I have had to work the hardest at is remembering what it is like to feel 16 years old again. That is such a critical time/age in a persons life, and I have to remember what I was like and how I responded to things when I was 16.  Also, Liesl is the oldest sibling and spends most of the time leading the other children. I am not the oldest sibling in my family, so I really have to work hard at becoming the older sister to all of my new "von Trapp" children. :)

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
This is hard because there are so many great scenes. I am really excited about singing and dancing to "Sixteen going on Seventeen" with Rolf and cannot wait to get started with it. Also, I am really looking forward to the "sleepover party" scene with the children and Maria while we all sing the "Lonely Goatherd" and have a pillow fight.

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals?
Yes. I was a dancer/chorus member in last years musical " The Drowsy Chaperone". I was one of the Coffee Cup girls/chorus member in the show before that "My Favorite Year" and I helped with stage crew my first year at Mansfield for the production of "Into the Woods".

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing?
Practicing my solo repetoire for my senior recital, working on homework, working out or working at the front desk at the Kelchner Fitness Center, spending time with my boyfriend, cooking, and talking to my Mother on the telephone.

What are a few of your favorite things?
Listening to music, and singing, and baking, 
dancing, and cooking, and some crochet making,
Sunshine and flowers, and fun coloring.
These are a few of my favorite things!




Name: Ian MacDonald
Year in School:Freshman
Major(and minor): Music Education and Vocal Performance

What character are you playing?
Rolf

What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music?
 I like being a part of such a well-known show. Most of my past musical experiences have been with ones that aren't well known.

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?
The hardest thing for me is getting my lines correct without paraphrasing.

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
My favorite song of the show would probably have to be the Hills are Alive.

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals?
No, this is my first Mansfield Musical.

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing?
I can usually be found in Butler in a practice room.

What are a few of your favorite things?
Legos and Duct Tape, and lots of fast Running,
Playing Piano, and Singing so Stunning,
Planking up on top of really high things. 
These are a few of my favorite things! 


**Stay tuned for more of Who's Who in the Sound of Music!**
Missed the first post about the Sound of Music? Read it Now!


No comments:

Post a Comment