Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Who's Who in the Sound of Music: Max and Elsa


Name: Jarrod Miller
Year in School: Junior
Major (and Minor): Music Business: Business Administration and Vocal Performance

What part are you playing?
Playing Max Dettweiler

What is your favorite part about being in The Sound of Music?
My favorite part of being in the Sound of Music is that it is a very well known show. I have played the part of Captain von Trapp before in high school, and it is quite interesting to see the show from a different character’s perspective.

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?
I’ve had to work the hardest at characterization, because as I’ve mentioned before, I have played a different role.

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
My favorite part of the show would probably have to be when the captain hears his children sing after getting into an argument with Maria.

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals?
I was in My Favorite Year as Uncle Morty.

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing?
You could find me doing homework in my living room with my roommates.

What are a few of your favorite things?
Being with my friends, too many to name,
Playing all day with my Video Game,
Candles and football and music that rings,
These are a few of my favorite things!


Name: Sarah Taylor
Year in School: Senior
Major(and minor): Elementary Education and Special Education dual major with a music minor

What character are you playing? 
 Elsa Schraeder (The Baroness)

What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music?

I absolutely love this musical because my father use to watch it all the time when I was little. Being a part of the musical allows me to create an even deeper connection with this show which is something that I love about being in the show. Also, it is always a lot of fun to pretend to be someone else for a while and to escape into a world that someone has taken the time to write for you. It is always fun to challenge yourself to be someone different and to work with others attempting to do the same thing.

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?

I sometimes find that I have to work hard at being flirtatious and forward in my intentions. She is a little more direct in her speaking than I usually care to be. Also, she is very opinionated and the only opinion out there is hers. I am a very opinionated person, but I do not push my opinions onto others as much as she tries to. These are my greatest challenges in becoming the Baroness.

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
My favorite song/scene in the show is "No Way To Stop It". I love this scene because it is on a very serious topic however it is presented in a very playful manner. It's also my favorite because the tune is just so darn infectious.

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals?

I played the Giant in Into the Woods and I have been involved in several plays presented by the Arcadia.

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing?

When I'm not at rehearsal I can be found reading for classes, reading for fun, singing, laughing, and sleeping.

What are a few of your favorite things?

Knitting and Sleeping and Dreaming of Snow Days.
Bowling and Fishing and Reading by the Bay.
Coloring princesses with glittery rings.
These are a few of my favorite things.

**Stay tuned for more Who's Who in the Sound of Music!**
Did you miss the original post on the Sound of Music? Read it now!
Want to see more of Who's Who? Sister Sophia, Margaretta, and Berthe, Frau Schmidt and Franz, Mother Abbess, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment