Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Who's Who in the Sound of Music: Nuns & Nazis

The chorus is a crucial and integral part to every show! And I know the sound of music wouldn't be the same without our lovely Nuns Chorus, our rollicking group of Nazi soldiers, and graceful party guests! Keep reading to hear about a perspective of the show from a few of our chorus members! 

,
Name: Arlene Boruchowitz
Year in School: Freshman
Major: BA in Music

What character are you playing? 
Ursula (the housemaid), and a Nun in the Nuns chorus

What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music? 
I love musicals, so just being a part of the production is a great experience. It's also so much fun to have a great time with the cast.

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part? 
Memorizing the music for nuns choir (latin does not like me...) and being patient at rehearsal has probably been the hardest.

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
My favorite song...that's a hard choice...but I'd probably have to say Maria...love that song!

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals? 
This is my first Mansfield musical! Though I've seen a few of them before.

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing? 
You could find me practicing of course, as well as watching movies (especially Disney, reading, and spending time with some really awesome friends.

What are a few of your favorite things
Raspberries and strawberries and lots of things chocolate,
Reading and reading I never can stop it,
Music and movies and things on TV,
These are a few of my favorite things!


Name: Katie Cormier
Year in School: Senior
Major: Music Education (Voice)

What character are you playing? 
I am a Nun and Frau Zeller.

What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music?
I'm just loving being back in a musical production, I haven't been in one since my Sr. Yr. of Highschool.

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?
I've had to work on developing more of a storyline that just, "Oh right, I walk up now and shush my husband." I need to know why, and how to get there and so on.

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
My favorite song is probably "The Lonely Goatherd"

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals? 
I have not been in any other Mansfield Musicals.

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing? 
When I'm not at musical I'm generally reading, working out or trying to learn my music for my recital.

What are a few of your favorite things
Reading and sleeping and yoga and cycling.
 Lifting and singing and coloring with crayons.
Curled up in bean bags with popcorn and friends,
these are a few of my favorite things.


Name: Geoffrey Baker
Year in School: Freshmen
Major: Music Technology

What character are you playing? 
Ensemble member

What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music?
I love the music from the show.

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?
Keeping scene changes straight.

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
These are my Favorite things

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals? 
Nope.

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing? 
Sitting in Bulter or in my room doing homework.

What are a few of your favorite things
I like to show dogs at lots of big contests,
I like to bowl with those shoes and a fun vest,
Music comes first above all of those things,
These are a few of my favorite things!


To get a sneak peak of the Nuns Singing Click Here!

Watch below a short snip-it of the dancers at work, early on in the process! 




**Stay tuned for more of Who's Who in the Sound of Music!**

Missed the first post about the Sound of Music?


Want to see more of Who's Who?


No comments:

Post a Comment