Monday, June 18, 2012

B is for Band

About a week ago I got a text from Evan, a guy I am working with this summer asking me if I wanted to sing in a gig with him. It was all music I am learning for camp so I said sure. I showed up to practice and met a few other people: a violinsit/singer, another female singer, and a drummer, plus Evan on Guitar. We spent an hour and a half jamming out and practicing. The next night we showed up at the Elevns, the club we were playing at. We ended up going on an hour later than expected, and the show wasn't perfect but I had a lot of fun and got a bit of cash for it. It does sound a little strange playing camp music at a club, but the style is really folk-like and really just fun to sing and listen to. There were even a few people who came who are diehard Shiprockers. (fans of shiprock and anchordog project).


Either way it was the first time I had performed in any venue like that and I really enjoyed it. Not to mention collaborating with other local musicians here was really fun. I hope I can jam with them all again! Not to mention it was cool to get a "B" on my hand for Band instead of an "X" :)


No comments:

Post a Comment