Monday, June 18, 2012

Onescore and Two Years

This past Thursday I celebrated my 22nd birthday. It was also Christopher's birthday (he turned 18). Although my day was pretty low-key I wanted to share a few pictures and what I did that day.


I started off the morning by heading to Ludlow Central Bakery with my Mom. Since we both have been dieting strictly and decided to take the day off you better believe we nearly drooled on their display cases! 


 I ended up picking a pastry roughly the size of my head! (Don't worry I couldn't eat it all!) 


After that we drove in the car to downtown West Sringfield so I could get my TB skin test done (shout out to education majors). They checked it and lucky me I am TB free! 


We drove out to a credit union in CT next (I know, I know this story is really exciting; doctor's office and credit union, what could possibly be next?!)


On our long drive out and back I spotted a sign for German Shepherd puppies. Christopher has been asking if we can get a german shepherd so for his "present" I sent him a picture of this sign. (I am broke right now lol) 

Once we arrived home we hade a delicious lunch of Turkey Club sandwiches and watched an episode of 24 (a TV show my mom, chris, and I watch). 

After lunch we headed to the mall to do some birthday shopping. We both had a little leftover birthday money that my parents weren't sure what to get, so I ended up picking out a new pair of running shoes! Which I love dearly! 
Later we went out to dinner at Olive Garden, and I ordered way too much food, that again I couldn't finish (lucky Chris who ate my leftovers)! 

We came home and opened presents even with Gabby watching on Skype. I got some really nice presents and my mom was kind enough to let me shop with her and pick stuff out that I wanted. 


My birthday gifts included: 
Earrings and a necklace to go with my bridesmaid dress
Shoes that compliment the dress and jewlery
New running shoes
 Grey lace dress from forever 21
Antique sewing basket stocked with teacher supplies from gabby
and $20 Khol's cash from chris: which I put towards purchasing a professional "teacher bag" 

I loved all my gifts and the lovely FB messages or texts and calls from family and friends wishing me a happy birthday! 

We had ice cream cake after and played some board games! 


The ice cream cake included: oreo cookie crust, moose tracks ice cream, a layer of hot fugdge, peanuts, peanut butter, and whip cream, topped off with broken up reese's cups and sprinkles! Yumm! It tasted like heaven in a piece of cake!

I had a lovely relaxing day, although I can't believe I am 22. It sounds much older than 21. I feel like the past few years since 18 have just raced by. I wonder what the next 5 years might hold for me. Aside from the rest of this year I have no clear future plans. I am exploring lots of options and have no idea what direction life might take me. But for now I am gonna focus on taking it one day at a time. 

Thank you to everyone who has loved or cared about me at any point in my life. You have helped shape me into the young woman I am today, and I only hope I can inspire and share love with people as much as I have been blessed with in my life. 

<3 Have a great day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment